PQQ ENERGY - 30 veg caps
- 200mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine, 30mg of Coenzyme Q10 and 20mg of BioPQQ® per capsule
- 1000mcg of Vitamin B12 per capsule
- Vegetable capsules
What is PQQ Energy?
PQQ Energy by Now Foods is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from Acetyl L-Carnitine, Coenzyme Q10 and BioPQQ®.
It is advisable to take 1 vegetable capsule a day with a meal.
Properties of PQQ Energy
PQQ Energy is made up of Acetyl L-Carnitine, which is a small molecule with pharmacological properties, such as treating neuropathic pain. Moreover, it can also have antidepressant effects.
Taking Acetyl L-Carnitine supports the recovery from neuro-psychological activities that require focus and concentration. Moreover, it decreases the physical and mental fatigue, as well as the cognitive deterioration and depression.
Coenzyme Q10 is a compound from fat soluble endogenous benzoquinone that transports electrons. It has properties related to the bio-energetic and antioxidant activity of the body. Therefore, it helps to produce energy and prevents peroxidative damage in the phospholipids and the oxidation of free radicals.
Vitamin B12 has the following properties:
- Supporting the energy-yielding metabolism
- Supporting the functioning of the nervous system
- Helping with the homocysteine metabolism
- Supporting a normal psychological function
- Helping with the functioning of the immune system
- Decreasing the tiredness and fatigue
- Playing a role in the cell division process
Who can benefit from PQQ Energy?
1. Chiechio S, Canonico PL, Grilli M. l-Acetylcarnitine: A Mechanistically Distinctive and Potentially Rapid-Acting Antidepressant Drug. Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Dec 21;19(1). pii: E11. doi: 10.3390/ijms19010011.
2. Malaguarnera M. Acetyl-L-carnitine in hepatic encephalopathy. Metab Brain Dis. 2013 Jun;28(2):193-9. doi: 10.1007/s11011-013-9376-4.
3. Sarmiento A, Diaz-Castro J, Pulido-Moran M, Kajarabille N, Guisado R, Ochoa JJ. Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation and Exercise in Healthy Humans: A Systematic Review. Curr Drug Metab. 2016;17(4):345-58.
4. Saihara K, Kamikubo R, Ikemoto K, Uchida K, Akagawa M. Pyrroloquinoline Quinone, a Redox-Active o-Quinone, Stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis by Activating the SIRT1/PGC-1α Signaling Pathway. Biochemistry. 2017 Dec 19;56(50):6615-6625. doi: 10.1021/acs.biochem.7b01185.
5. Wu JZ, Huang JH, Khanabdali R, Kalionis B, Xia SJ, Cai WJ. Pyrroloquinoline quinone enhances the resistance to oxidative stress and extends lifespan upon DAF-16 and SKN-1 activities in C. elegans. Exp Gerontol. 2016 Jul;80:43-50. doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2016.04.008.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)||1000µg||40000%|
|Acetyl L-Carnitine (from Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl)||200mg||++|
|BioPQQ® (pyrroloquinoline quinone) (as PQQ disodium salt)||20mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|