PREBIOTIC FIBER - 340g
- Soluble fiber
- 11g of fiber per serving
- 12g of Fibersol®-2 per daily dose
- Excellent source of fiber
- With maltodextrin
What is Prebiotic Fiber?
Prebiotic Fiber by Now Foods is a food supplement powder made from soluble fiber and Fibersol®-2.
To use this supplement, you have to mix 2 tablespoons (12g) in 240ml of water or any other drink and take it with lunch.
Properties of Prebiotic Fiber
Fibersol®-2 is an unflavored soluble fiber from non-transgenic corn. It can decrease the blood lipid increase after a meal and helps to control the blood fat levels.
Fibersol®-2 can calm your appetite, provide satiety and increase the peripheral satiety signals. A study proved how Fibersol®-2 with a meal stimulated the production of satiety hormones, increasing the feeling of satiety.
Dietary fiber acts on the gastrointestinal tract through several mechanisms, including increased fecal mass with mechanical stimulation of the colon mucosa with increasing secretion and peristalsis, and the actions of fermentation byproducts on the intestinal microbiota, immune system and the neuroendocrine system of the gastrointestinal tract. It also has other health benefits, such as lowering the blood cholesterol levels, improving glycemic control and body weight.
Who can benefit from Prebiotic Fiber?
- Those who want to satiate their appetite
1. Ye Z, Arumugam V, Haugabrooks E, Williamson P, Hendrich S. Soluble dietary fiber (Fibersol-2) decreased hunger and increased satiety hormones in humans when ingested with a meal. Nutr Res. 2015 May;35(5):393-400. doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2015.03.004.
2. El-Salhy M, Ystad SO, Mazzawi T, Gundersen D. Dietary fiber in irritable bowel syndrome (Review). Int J Mol Med. 2017 Sep;40(3):607-613. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2017.3072.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 2 spoonfuls (12g)|
|Daily dose: 2 spoonfuls (12g)|
|Servings per container: 28|
|Fibersol®-2 Digestion-Resistant Maltodextrin||12g|