Nutritional Facts PROSTATE HEALTH - 180 softgels
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information PROSTATE HEALTH - 180 softgels|
|Serving size: 3 softgels|
|Servings per container:|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)||10µg||200%|
|Zinc (from TRAACS® zinc glycinate chelate)||15mg||150%|
|Selenium (from Albion® selenium glycinate complex)||70µg||127%|
|Saw Palmetto Extract(baya)(Serenoa)||320mg||++|
|Phytosterols (Plant Sterols)(with Beta-Sitosterol)||850mg||++|
|Nettle Root Extract (Urtica dioica)||240mg||++|
|extracto de raíz de cúrcuma (Curcuma longa) (min. 95% curcuminoides)||100mg||++|
|Pumpkin Seed Oil||1g||++|
|Lycopene (Lyc-O-Mato® Lycopene Natural Tomato)||10mg||++|
|Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis) (leaf 50% EGCG)||100mg||++|
|Extracto de granada (Punica granatum)||100mg||++|
|natural transreveratrol [de extracto de nueces japonesas (Polygonum cuspidatum) (raíz)]||10mg||++|
|LinumLife® Complex (Flax Seed Lignan Extract) (Linum usitatissimum) (Seed Coat)||25mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
- Each service consists of 3 softgels
- With Saw Palmetto extract
- Contains phytosterols
- Contains Quercetin
- Natural Trans-Resveratrol
- Pumpkin seed oil
- With Lycopene
What is Prostate Health?
Prostate Health by Now Foods, is a supplement made with plant extracts, including the following: Saw Palmetto, Phytosterols, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Lyc-O-Mato® Lycopene among other ingredients.
What are the properties of Prostate Health?
The Prostate Health formula is integrated by the following ingredients:
- Provides 320mg of Saw Palmetto Extract (Serenoa repens) (Min. 85% Fatty Acids) per dose. This ingredient is included in the formula from the fruit extract of a little palm tree Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens). In the following review, they summarize several articles on 'Serenoa repens extract in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia'. 'The articles were analysed with regard to their relevance, scientific value and the size of the evaluated series. Multiple mechanisms of action have been attributed to this extract, including antiandrogenic action, an anti-inflammatory/anti-oedematous effect, prolactin signal modulation, and an antiproliferative effect exerted through the inhibition of growth factors. Regarding efficacy, European Association of Urology guidelines state that Serenoa repens extracts significantly reduce nocturia in comparison with placebo. Most of the published trials regarding Serenoa repens phytotherapy demonstrate a significant improvement of urinary status and a favourable safety profile. Also, some authors have credited it with giving a significant improvement in erectile function and decreasing complications following transurethral resection of the prostate, especially bleeding. The results of phytotherapy with Serenoa repens extracts are very promising'. (1)
- 1g of Pumpkin seed oil per dose. To obtain the oil, the seeds are cold-pressed, conserving this way their nutritional properties. The following study shows that 'We conclude pumpkin seed oil can inhibit testosterone-induced hyperplasia of the prostate and therefore may be beneficial in the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia'. (2)
- 15mg of Zinc. Zinc is a mineral, which has several important functions in the body. Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal levels of testosterone in the blood.
- 70µg of Selenium. Selenium contributes to normal spermatogenesis. Selenium also helps to protect cells against oxidative stress.
- Lycopene. In the following review, 'examines the current evidence on the use of lycopene as a preventive agent for prostate disease'. (3)
- Provides 240mg of Nettle Root Extract (Urtica dioica) per dose: The following study determined that 'Urtica dioica have beneficial effects in the treatment of symptomatic BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia)'. (4)
Who is this Prostate Health product for?
- Middle-aged and elderly men.
1. Geavlete P, Multescu R, Geavlete B. Serenoa repens extract in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Ther Adv Urol. 2011 Aug;3(4):193-8. doi: 10.1177/1756287211418725.
2. Gossell-Williams M, Davis A, O'Connor N. Inhibition of testosterone-induced hyperplasia of the prostate of sprague-dawley rats by pumpkin seed oil. J Med Food. 2006 Summer;9(2):284-6.
3. Ilic D. Lycopene for the prevention and treatment of prostate disease. Recent Results Cancer Res. 2014;202:109-14. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-45195-9_13.
4. Safarinejad MR. Urtica dioica for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. J Herb Pharmacother. 2005;5(4):1-11.