VITAMIN K-2 100mcg - 250 veg caps
- Vitamin K-2 as Menaquinone-4
- 100mcg of Vitamin K-2
- 250mg of alfalfa powder
- It provides the recommended daily amount of Vitamin K
- Vegetable capsules
What is Vitamin K-2 100mcg?
Vitamin K-2 100mcg by Now Foods is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from vitamin K-2 and alfalfa powder.
It is advisable to take 1 vegetable capsule a day with a meal.
Vitamin K-2 100mcg and bone health
Vitamin K plays an important role in bone health. The epidemiological studies have shown how a diet rich in vitamin K is associated with a lower risk of hip fractures both in men and women.
Moreover, vitamin K is involved in the protein synthesis for the metabolism of calcium and bones.
Moreover, vitamin K2 preserves the lumbar bone mineral density and prevents osteoporotic fractures, vertebral fractures. This vitamin can regulate the bone metabolism and it plays a role in reducing the number osteoporotic fractures.
Properties of Vitamin K-2 100mcg
Vitamin K is a fat soluble vitamin that initially played a role in the blood coagulation. Moreover, it contributes to the brain function and it is involved in the nervous system by helping to metabolize sphingolipids. In addition, menaquinone-4 has anti-inflammatory properties and it protects the body from oxidative stress.
A vitamin K2 deficiency is the main responsible for the onset of vascular calcification and osteoporosis. In fact, it has been proven that it is fundamental when it comes to inhibiting vascular calcification and regulating the absorption of calcium in the bones.
This product also includes alfalfa, which can help to lower the LDL cholesterol and improve the cardiovascular health.
Who can benefit from Vitamin K-2 100mcg?
- Those who want an extra supply of Vitamin K2.
1. Hamidi MS, Gajic-Veljanoski O, Cheung AM. Vitamin K and bone health. J Clin Densitom. 2013 Oct-Dec;16(4):409-13. doi: 10.1016/j.jocd.2013.08.017.
2. Schurgers LJ, Dissel PE, Spronk HM, soute BA, Dhore CR, Cleutjens JP, Vermeer C. Role of vitamin K and vitamin K-dependent proteins in vascular calcification. Z Kardiol. 2001;90 Suppl 3:57-63.
3. Schwalfenberg GK. Vitamins K1 and K2: The Emerging Group of Vitamins Required for Human Health. J Nutr Metab. 2017;2017:6254836. doi: 10.1155/2017/6254836.
4. Iwamoto J, Takeda T, Sato Y. Effects of vitamin K2 on osteoporosis. Curr Pharm Des. 2004;10(21):2557-76.
5. Ferland G. Vitamin K and brain function. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2013 Nov;39(8):849-55. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1357481.
6. Flore R, Ponziani FR, Di Rienzo TA, Zocco MA, Flex A, Gerardino L, Lupascu A, Santoro L, Santoliquido A, Di Stasio E, Chierici E, Lanti A, Tondi P, Gasbarrini A. Something more to say about calcium homeostasis: the role of vitamin K2 in vascular calcification and osteoporosis. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013 Sep;17(18):2433-40.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 250|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-4) (MK-4)||100µg||133.33%|
|Alfalfa powder (aerial parts)||250mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|