HMB 1250 MEGA CAPS - 120 caps
- 120 Mega capsules
- High HMB content (Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate)
- A daily dose (4 capsules) provides 5000mg of HMB
- Good Manufacturing Practice Certificate
- Produced in the E.U.
- ISO 9001 and 22000 HACCP Certificate
What is HMB 1250 Mega Caps?
HMB 1250 Mega Caps by Olimp is a food supplement in mega capsules made from calcium ß-hydroxy-ß methylbutyrate.
Properties of HMB 1250 Mega Caps
Calcium ß-hydroxy-ß methylbutyrate has always been studied due to its properties that mainly benefit athletes. For example, it has an anti-catabolic effect that is specially remarkable in the following circumstances: when an athlete needs to lift a heavy weight, when we experience muscle damage, or when there is a loss of body or muscle mass. It also helped to improve protein metabolism and muscle work capacity rheumatoid cachexia, muscle dystrophy, sarcopenia or patients who have suffered an injury, lung disease or HIV. (1)
A study conducted on 42 highly trained male athletes that followed 12 weeks of HMB supplementation controlled with placebo, concluded that taking HMB improve the physical composition and stimulated the aerobic and anaerobic capacity of combat athletes. (1)
Another advantageous property of HMB supplementation is that it buffers the loss of muscle mass in the elderly during periods when they do not use their muscles. It has been proven that taking ß-hydroxy-ß methylbutyrate (HMB) for 10 days while lying on bed buffers of the loss of lean muscle in old adults. The information gathered in a study suggests that HMB stimulates the mitochondrial dynamics and lipid metabolism during atrophy and rehabilitation. (2)
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Athletes and active people
- Elderly people
1. Durkalec-Michalski K, Jeszka J, Podgórski T. The Effect of a 12-Week Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation on Highly-Trained Combat Sports Athletes: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study. Nutrients. 2017 Jul 14;9(7). pii: E753. doi: 10.3390/nu9070753.
2. Standley RA, Distefano G, Pereira SL, Tian M, Kelly DO, Coen PM, Deutz NEP, Wolfe RR, Goodpaster BH. Effects of β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMB) on skeletal muscle mitochondrial content and dynamics, and lipids after 10 days of bed rest in older adults. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2017 Jul 13:jap.00192.2017. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00192.2017. [Epub ahead of print]
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 capsule|
|Daily dose: 4 capsules|
|Servings per container: 30|
|HMB-Ca (Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate)||5000mg|
|of which HMB||4000mg|