KOREAN RED GINSENG - 60 caps
- Panax Ginseng extract
- Take 1 capsule a day
- Made in the E.U.
What is Prisma Natural Korean Red Ginseng?
Prisma Natural Korean Red Ginseng is an encapsulated nutritional supplement made of Panax Ginseng extract.
Properties of Korean Red Ginseng
Ginseng, also known as Panax Ginseng o Asian Ginseng, is the most popular oriental medicinal herb, which has been used since ancient for its properties and benefits, In China it has been used for centuries as a healing remedy.
Its most important active principle are called Ginsenosides and are found in its root. The properties´ effectiveness highly depend on the farming methods used.
The main properties and benefits of Ginseng are:
- Helps maintain good mental condition and emotional comfort, even is stressful situations
- Supports correct immune system function
- Contributes towards maintaining normal glucose blood levels
- Helps to maintain physical and mental capacity despite weakness, exhaustion, tiredness and loss of concentration
- Boosts mental and physical energy
- Increases vitality
Ginseng and the Immune System
There are a great number of studies that have contrasted the positive effect that Ginseng has on human health. One of them, carried out by the Chung-Ang University of Seoul, studied the effects that Panax Ginseng has on the immune system. It has been widely reported that Ginseng is capable of maintaining the homeostasis of the immune system and increasing the resistance against illnesses or microbial attacks. The immune system is formed of different types of cells, each with their own specific function, that can be influenced separately and simultaneously through ginseng treatment. (1)
Ginseng against Neurodegenerative Disease
Ginseng, has been a very widely used herbal medicine in Korea, China and Japan for thousands of years. It has lately become popular as a healthy and functional food and is used worldwide as a natural medicine. Evidence is accumulating on the physiological and pharmacological effects of Panax Ginseng in neurodegenerative diseases. The possible neuroprotective mechanisms lead by Ginsenosides consist mainly in maintaining homeostasis and anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-apoptic and immune-stimulatory activities. (2)
Who is this supplement for?
- Athletes and sports people that want to achieve good health
- Elderly people who want to obtain the benefits of any of the properties that Ginseng provides
1. Kang S, Min H.Ginseng, the 'Immunity Boost': The Effects of Panax ginseng on Immune System.J Ginseng Res. 2012 Oct;36(4):354-68. doi: 10.5142/jgr.2012.36.4.354
2. Cho IH. Effects of Panax ginseng in Neurodegenerative Diseases. J Ginseng Res. 2012 Oct;36(4):342-53. doi: 10.5142/jgr.2012.36.4.342.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 capsule|
|Daily dose: 2 capsules|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Dry red Korean Ginseng extract (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer, root, 5% ginsenosides)||700mg|