B + C COMPLEX - 60 softgels
- Vitamin Complex
- Group B Vitamins
- 246mg of vitamin C per daily dose
- It also provides Vitamin E
What is B C Complex?
B C Complex by Quamtrax is a food supplement in softgels made of group B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E and lecithin.
It is advisable to take between 2 and 3 softgels a day after the meals.
What are the vitamins from B C Complex?
The group B vitamins from B C Complex have the following properties:
- Vitamin B3: supports the psychological function, a proper metabolism to produce energy, the proper functioning of the nervous system, the maintenance of the mucous membranes, the skin, and it decreases the tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid): pantothenic acid can have antioxidant properties for inflammatory processes. (2)
- Vitamin B12: supports the proper energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, the homocysteine metabolism, the psychological function, the proper formation of red cells, the functioning of the immune system, it decreases the tiredness and fatigue and plays a role in the cell division process.
- Vitamin B6: supports the cysteine synthesis, the proper energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, the homocysteine metabolism, the protein and glycogen metabolism and the psychological function. Moreover, it supports the formation of red cells, the proper formation of the immune system, it decreases the tiredness and fatigue and helps to regulate the hormone activity.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): it supports the energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, the maintenance of mucous membranes, red cells, the skin, sight, and a proper iron metabolism. Moreover, it helps to protect the cells from oxidative stress and decreases the tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): supports the proper functioning of the heart, the psychological function, the functioning of the nervous system and the proper energy-yielding metabolism.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid): increases the folate levels. A low level of folate in a mother can lead to defects in the neural tube of the fetus.
- Vitamin B8 (Biotin): it supports the energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, the macronutrient metabolism, the psychological function and it helps to preserve the skin, hair and mucous membranes.
Properties of B C Complex
Taking vitamin B supplement helps to lower the risk suffering a strokes and it could also reduce the blood homocysteine levels. (3)
Soy lecithin is a complex combination of phospholipids that make up the cell membranes of the lipid bi-layer. Soy lecithin lowers the diastolic blood pressure and the ankle-brachial pressure index (ABPI) in adult women who experience fatigue. (4)
Moreover, B C Complex provides vitamin C, which has the following properties:
- Supporting the functioning of the immune system
- Helping to produce collagen for the blood vessels, bones, cartilages, gums, skin and teeth
- Supporting the functioning of the energy metabolism, as well as the nervous and immune system
- Supporting the psychological function
- Helping to protect the cells from oxidative stress
- Decreasing the tiredness and fatigue
- Helping to the regenerate the reduced form of vitamin E
Vitamin E helps to protect the cells from oxidative stress.
Who can benefit from B C Complex?
- People who want to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Those who want to add an extra supply of vitamin to their diet.
1. Woolf K, Manore MM. B-vitamins and exercise: does exercise alter requirements? Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006 Oct;16(5):453-84.
2. Jung S, Kim MK, Choi BY. The long-term relationship between dietary pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) intake and C-reactive protein concentration in adults aged 40 years and older. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017 Sep;27(9):806-816. doi: 10.1016/j.numecd.2017.05.008.
3. Dai G1, Du H, Wang H, Wei Y, Xie Y, Li Z. [Preventive effect of Vitamin B supplementation on recurrent stroke: a Meta-analysis]. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2017 May;29(5):419-424. doi: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.2095-4352.2017.05.007
4. Hirose A, Terauchi M, Osaka Y, Akiyoshi M, Kato K, Miyasaka N. Effect of soy lecithin on fatigue and menopausal symptoms in middle-aged women: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Nutr J. 2018 Jan 8;17(1):4. doi: 10.1186/s12937-018-0314-5.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 2 softgels|
|Daily dose: 3 softgels|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Biotin (Vitamin B8)||100µg||200%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|