OMEGA 3 - 90 softgels
- High percentage of animal Omega 3
- Source of essential fatty acids
- 3060mg of fish oil per daily dose
- Rich in EPA and DHA
- With Vitamin E
What is Omega 3?
Omega 3 by Quamtrax is a food supplement made of fish oil in softgels.
It is advisable to take 3 softgels daily, distributed throughout the meals.
Properties of Omega 3
Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid for our organism.
Marine omega 3 fatty acids have the potential to change the course of a series of human diseases, including age-related physical deterioration. Recent studies have shown how fatty acids, specially those that come from the sea, can affect the exercise and nutrient response of the skeletal muscle. Omega 3 does is not only involved in the metabolic response of the muscles to nutrients, but also in the functional response to physical exercise. (1)
Polyunsaturated omega 3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) from fish and oil fish have cardioprotective properties. The omega 3 fatty acids benefit several cardiometabolic risk factors, including lipids, blood pressure, vascular reactivity and the heart function. Moreover, they also have anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombi and antioxidant effects. (2)
Omega 3 is rich in EPA and DHA which support the proper growth of the heart. DHA also contributes to a normal development of the brain and eye of the fetus and babies.
DHA is essential for the development on pre- and post-natal brain, while EPA helps with the mood. Both generate neuroprotective metabolisms. Combining DHA and EPA provides support against attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and aggressiveness. (3)
A study proved that EPA and DHA can play a protective role against motor nerve function and they can reduce the muscle damage after eccentric contractions. (4)
It also provides Vitamin E which helps to protect the cells against oxidative stress.
Who can benefit from Omega 3?
- Those who want to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Those who need an extra dose of omega 3.
1. Jeromson S, Gallagher IJ, Galloway SD, Hamilton DL. Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Skeletal Muscle Health. Mar Drugs. 2015 Nov 19;13(11):6977-7004. doi: 10.3390/md13116977.
2. Mori TA. Omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: epidemiology and effects on cardiometabolic risk factors. Food Funct. 2014 Sep;5(9):2004-19. doi: 10.1039/c4fo00393d.
3. Kidd PM. Omega-3 DHA and EPA for cognition, behavior, and mood: clinical findings and structural-functional synergies with cell membrane phospholipids. Altern Med Rev. 2007 Sep;12(3):207-27.
4. Ochi E, Tsuchiya Y, Yanagimoto K. Effect of eicosapentaenoic acids-rich fish oil supplementation on motor nerve function after eccentric contractions. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2017 Jul 12;14:23. doi: 10.1186/s12970-017-0176-9. ECollection 2017.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 3 softgels|
|Servings per container: 90|
|Epa (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||551mg|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||367mg|