- Source of Vitamin D3
- It provides 50µg per capsule
What is Vitamin D3?
Vitamin D3 by R-Nutrition is a fat-soluble nutrient and one of the 24 essential micronutrients for human beings. The Sun is the main source of this nutrient, but it is also possible to find it in fish, eggs and dairy products.
Properties of Vitamin D3
The main reason why people lack this vitamin is due to the fact that we barely sunbathe, specially during the months outside summer season. Nevertheless, we can still take it from nutrients in order to prevent a deficiency.
Vitamin D3 is also known as Cholecalciferol and its most important benefits are:
- Supporting the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, regulating the blood levels
- Preserving the bone mass
- Preventing and relieving some pathologies like osteomalacia (vitamin D deficiency)
- Supporting the immune system
The body synthesis Vitamin D from cholesterol, sunlight is the catalyst when the UV index is over 3, which tends to happen during the summer. Even though most of us do not suffer a vitamin D deficiency, that does not mean that our levels are optimal. That is why it is advisable to take supplementation.
Who can benefit from taking Vitamin D3?
- Those who want an extra vitamin supply
- People who want to follow a healthy lifestyle