AMINO CHARGE - 30 SERV
- Intra-workout formula
- 6g of BCAA's (2:1:1) per serving
- 3g of glutamine per serving
- Contains caffeine
- Apple, peach and chewing gum flavor
What is Amino Charge?
Amino Charge by Scitec Nutrition is a food supplement powder whose active ingredients are branched amino acids and glutamine. This product has been sweetened.
The recommended daily dose for this intra-workout is mixing 19g of product in 500ml of water in a sports shaker.
What are its main features?
One of the main characteristics of this complement is in its formula. It provides all the essential amino acids, such as the BCAA's. Essential amino acids (histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine and alanine) are vital for our body mainly because our body cannot synthesize them. Therefore, we need to obtain them from external sources, either protein-rich food or supplementation such as Amino Charge.
One advantage of this supplement is its essential amino acids content per serving (7.6g) of which 6g are branched amino acids (BCAA's). These are the main components of the muscles and they are necessary to buffer the post-workout muscle soreness, apart from many other features. (1)
Another component of this food supplement is Glutamine. It is the most abundant amino acid in our body, a 60% when compared to the rest of amino acids. Several scientific studies have pointed out that taking glutamine can improve the post-workout muscle recovery. (2)
Amino Charge also contains 100mg of caffeine, which helps to increase the focus and physical performance during the workout, or decrease the fatigue. (3)
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Active people
1. Uneyama H, Kobayashi H, Tonouchi N. New Functions and Potential Applications of Amino Acids. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2017;159:273-287. doi: 10.1007/10_2016_35.
2. Legault Z, Bagnall N, Kimmerly DS. The Influence of Oral L-Glutamine Supplementation on Muscle Strength Recovery and Soreness Following Unilateral Knee Extension Eccentric Exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2015 Oct;25(5):417-26. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.2014-0209. Epub 2015 Mar 26.
3. Glade MJ. 'Caffeine-Not just a stimulant.' Nutrition. 2010 Oct;26(10):932-8. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2010.08.004.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop and 2/3 (19g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop and 2/3 (19g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amino Charge Complex||15800mg|
|Essential amino acids||7600mg|
|Of which BCAA's||6000mg|