- Protein shake with lumps
- Ultra-filtered protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate
- It provides 19g of protein per serving
- It contains 50mg of L-glutamine and 50 of taurine
- Several flavors
What is Protein Delite?
Protein Delite by Scitec Nutrition is a nutritional supplement powder made of whey and milk proteins, amino acids, taurine, sugar, and sweeteners.
In order to enjoy this delicious protein shake with little lumps you just need to mix 1 serving (30g) with 300ml of skimmed milk or water. Take 1 or 2 daily doses after your training or for dinner.
Sports and Protein Delite
Protein Delite provides 19g of protein per serving, which makes it the protein that contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass, apart from helping to the maintenance of proper bones.
Milk proteins are an excellent source of all essential amino acids and they can be an ideal source of protein to promote muscle anabolism in older adults that carry out endurance training. Milk protein nutritional supplements, when combined with an endurance training, are an effective way to obtain gain mass without fat in older adults. (1)
The consumption of proteins after an endurance training stimulates the neat accumulation of muscle protein during recovery after the workout session. That is why protein nutritional supplements are needed in order to increase the ability of the skeletal muscle to adapt to prolonged endurance exercises. Consuming proteins increases muscle mass and strength during a prolonged training with endurance exercises. (2)
Properties of Protein Delite
Protein Delite is a shake rich in proteins which helps to increase the adaptive response of the skeletal muscle during endurance exercises, apart from increasing muscle mass and strength during prolonged training. (2)
Moreover, these delicious protein shakes contain L-glutamine and Taurine:
- L-glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid in our organism. It is a metabolic substrate for cells that are cultivated in vitro and it is a precursor form of purines, pyrimidines, and phospholipids. Glutamine influences the cell hydration state and it has multiple effects on the immune system, the intestinal function, and the metabolism of proteins. (3)
- L-Glutamine helps with a faster recovery and reduces muscle pain after training. (4)
- Taurine is an amino acid that is found in considerable amounts in the heart. It helps with several physiological functions of cells, such as osmoregulation, anti-inflammation, the stabilization of the membrane, the modulation of the transport of ions, and the regulation of oxidative stress and the synthesis of mitochondrial proteins. Taurine improved the physical function and reduced the parameters of the cardiovascular function after exercise. (5)
1. Hidayat K, Chen GC, Wang Y, Zhang Z, Dai X, Szeto IMY, Qin LQ. Effects of Milk Proteins Supplementation in Older Adults Undergoing Resistance Training: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Control Trials. J Nutr Health Aging. 2018;22(2):237-245. doi: 10.1007/s12603-017-0899-y.
2. Cermak NM, Res PT, de Groot LC, Saris WH, van Loon LJ. Protein supplementation augments the adaptive response of skeletal muscle to resistance-type exercise training: a meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012 Dec;96(6):1454-64. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.112.037556.
3. Roth E, Spittler A, Oehler R. [Glutamine: effects on the immune system, protein balance and intestinal functions]. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 1996;108(21):669-76.
4. Legault Z, Bagnall N, Kimmerly DS. The Influence of Oral L-Glutamine Supplementation on Muscle Strength Recovery and Soreness Following Unilateral Knee Extension Eccentric Exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2015 Oct;25(5):417-26. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.2014-0209.
5. Ahmadian M, Dabidi Roshan V, Ashourpore E. Taurine Supplementation Improves Functional Capacity, Myocardial Oxygen Consumption, and Electrical Activity in Heart Failure. J Diet Suppl. 2017 Jul 4;14(4):422-432. doi: 10.1080/19390211.2016.1267059.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 3/4 scoop (30g)|
|Servings per container: 33|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||8g|
|of which sugars||11.67g|