- Covers the RDA of B vitamins in athletes and general population
- Promotes the correct energy metabolism
- Helps to balance blood glucose levels
- Facilitates the proper functioning of the nervous and immune system
- Helps reduce fatigue and tiredness
What is B-Complex 50?
B-COMPLEX '50' by Solgar is a nutritional supplement that will supply the B vitamins you need along with other ingredients that enhance their effects. B vitamins play an important role in energy production, metabolism of carbohydrates and regulation of glycemia among other properties.
What are the properties of B-Complex 50?
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): is a necessary coenzyme to convert carbohydrates into glucose which is then oxidized to obtain energy. It is key for the correct functioning of our nervous system.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): is a coenzyme that is responsible for activating the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It is vital for the cellular oxidation to take place.
- Niacin (Niacinamide in B-100 COMPLEX): is an essential coenzyme for the health of our skin, tongue and digestive system.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): is a coenzyme that facilitates the release of glycogen from the liver and muscles. It also plays a part in the use of energy by the brain and nerve tissues, which makes it a very important nutrient for the correct functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): is necessary for the formation of red blood cells.
- Biotin: is a coenzyme that participates in the production of fatty acids and in the degradation of carbohydrates and fats to regulate body temperature and also obtain energy. It also contributes to the functions of amino acids, folic acid, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12. It is a potent precursor to healthy cell growth.
- Pantothenic acid: is crucial for the functioning of the adrenal gland, which is directly related to growth. It is also important for the formation of fatty acids and, as a coenzyme, it participates in the assimilation of riboflavin and in the release of energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Choline: also considered as part of the vitamin B group. It is the basic constituent of lecithin.
- Inositol: along with the choline it supports the formation of lecithin in the body.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid): improves heart health, increases female fertility, promotes the formation of red blood cells, and it is necessary for DNA and RNA synthesis which contributes to a good cellular health.
Who can benefit from B-Complex 50?
- People looking to meet their vitamin requirements.
- Especially suited for people with high oxidative stress such as athletes or smokers.