KELP - 100 veg caps
- Source of iodine
- From North Atlantic Kelp
- 200µg of iodine per daily dose
- Gluten and lactose-free
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
What is Kelp?
Kelp by Solgar is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from iodine.
It is advisable to take 1 veg caps a day with a meal.
Properties of Kelp
Kelp has iodine, which is a mineral with the following properties:
- Supporting a proper cognitive function
- Contributing to the energy yielding metabolism
- Helping with the proper functioning of the nervous system
- Helping to preserve the skin
- Supporting the production of thyroid hormones and the proper thyroid function
There was a study about the intake of iodine in a post-menopausal woman with degree II hypothyroidism. It was proven that adding iodine to the diet of the patient was quite effective, since the thyroid hormone levels improved. (1)
Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) supports the absorption of fat and the elimination of the fat deposits. Moreover, it helps to preserve the physiological balance as well as the hydration and firmness of the skin. It contributes to regenerating the cells, nourishes the hair and strengthens the nails. In addition, it helps to support the intestinal functions.
Who can benefit from Kelp?
- Those who have a iodine deficiency.
1. Lopez Y, Franco C, Cepeda A, Vázquez B. Constant iodine intake through the diet could improve hypothyroidism treatment: a case report. J Physiol Biochem. 2018 Feb;74(1):189-193. doi: 10.1007/s13105-017-0605-x.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 100|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Iodine (from North Atlantic Kelp)||200µg||133.3%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|