VITAMIN B12 2.5mcg - 48 tabs
- It supports the energy metabolism
- It is involved in the formation of red cells
- It contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system
- It improves the cardiovascular health
What is Vitamin B12?
Vitamin b12, also called cobalamin, is one of the complex B vitamins which performs several important functions in the body.
What are the properties of Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 or cobalamin works as a coenzyme in several metabolic functions, such as the metabolization of lipids, carbohydrates and protein synthesis.
Vitamin B12 is also very important for a proper growth and development of the nervous system, since it helps to keep the myelin sheath from nerve cells in good conditions and it is also involved in the neurotransmitter synthesis.
It is also necessary for the DNA synthesis, to regenerate the bone marrow and for formation of red blood cells. It is essential to keep a healthy cardiovascular system. Vitamin B12, along with folic acid, helps to balance the homocysteine levels, a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases.
Vitamin B12 is present mainly in animal products. That is why vegetarians and vegans tend to take vitamin B12 supplement to prevent any deficiency.
Who can benefit from vitamina B12?
- Anyone who wants to meet their daily needs of Vitamin B12.
- People who follow vegan or vegetarians diets.
- Those who suffer digestive disorders that may hinder the absorption of vitamin B12.
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 48|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|