CHROMIUM PICOLINATE - 60 vcaps
- Gluten-free formula
- Vegetable capsules
- Take 1 capsule a day
- High chromium content
What is Chromium Picolinate?
Chromium Picolinate by Starlabs is a dietary supplement of Chromium Picolinate.
Chromium is an essential mineral for our body and is found in various foods such as cereals, brewer's yeast, cheese, mushrooms or wheat germ.
With each dose of this product, we will be reaching the recommended daily allowance of this mineral.
What are the properties of Chromium Picolinate?
The Chromium in this supplement is in the form of Chromium Picolinate, which is Chromium with Picolinic Acid.
Chromium carries out the following functions in the body:
- Chromium contributes to the normal metabolism of macronutrients
- Helps maintain normal blood glucose levels
A study conducted on patients with diabetes concluded that 'chromium supplementation as CrP is beneficial in correcting hyperglycemia, implying that the modulation of the glucose metabolism by chromium may be therapeutically beneficial in the treatment of diabetes.'(1)
Another study investigated the effect of taking chromium picolinate in obese, non-diabetic patients during and after carrying out a diet. The results established that: 'Chromium picolinate helps increase lean mass in obese patients during the maintenance phase, following a hypocaloric diet, without counteracting the weight loss achieved.' (2)
Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is suffered by people who compulsively eat food, surpassing the amount of food a person would consume in a similar situation. A study conducted on people suffering from this disorder determined that 'Following a chromium treatment has been shown to improve mood, appetite and glucose regulation in different patient populations. The authors propose that chromium may be useful in the treatment of binge eating disorder (BED). '(3)
1. Sundaram B, Singhal K, Sandhir R. Ameliorating effect of chromium administration on hepatic glucose metabolism in streptozotocin-induced experimental diabetes. Biofactors. 2012 Jan-Feb;38(1):59-68. doi: 10.1002/biof.194. Epub 2012 Jan 30.
2. Bahadori B, Wallner S, Schneider H, Wascher TC, Toplak H. [Effect of chromium yeast and chromium picolinate on body composition of obese, non-diabetic patients during and after a formula diet]. Acta Med Austriaca. 1997;24(5):185-7.
3. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36-42. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychores.2013.03.092. Epub 2013 Apr 22.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|