AKG ARGININE - 180 caps
- L-Arginine food supplement
- One serving equals 3000mg of Arginine
What is AKG Arginine?
AKG Arginine by Starlabs is a food supplement made of a highly absorbable form of L-Arginine, AKG (Alpha-Ketoglutarate).
What are the properties of AKG Arginine?
Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid for our body. It is regarded as semi-essential because it is essential during childhood but becomes non-essential during adulthood.
Still, Arginine provides a series of benefits that have been proven in numerous studies, for example, a study reported that taking arginine helps to improve the recovery from injuries. (1)
Another important feature of Arginine is that it stimulates the nitric oxide production, which is actually quite beneficial for many functions of our body.
The effects of nitric oxide in our body dilate our arteries, also known as vasodilation, allowing more blood to flow through our veins. Consequently, the blood pressure will drop and it will improve the erection, according to the scientists that performed the study about nitric oxide on male erection. (2)
Another study conducted on 13 people with hypertension, showed that, after taking Arginine orally for 4 weeks, there was a considerable improvement in the blood pressure and quality of life of the patients. (3)
Taking Arginine with Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) and citrulline improves the performance and resistance in physical exercise. (4)
Features of AKG Arginine by Starlabs
- Gluten-free supplement suitable for celiacs
- Easy-to-swallow capsules
- With ISO 22000 certificate (Food Safety throughout the whole production chain)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Who can benefit from this product?
- Athletes and active people
- Anyone who wants to increase the consumption of arginine in their regular diet
- People who want to improve their circulatory system and who have erectile dysfunction problems
(1) Williams JZ, Abumrad N, Barbul A. Effect of a specialized amino acid mixture on human collagen deposition. Ann Surg. 2002 Sep;236(3):369-74; discussion 374-5.
(2) Jung HC, Mun KH, Park TC, Lee YC, Park JM, Huh K, Seong DH, Suh JK. Role of nitric oxide in penile erection. Yonsei Med J. 1997 Oct;38(5):261-9.
(3) Palloshi A, Fragasso G, Piatti P, Monti LD, Setola E, Valsecchi G, Galluccio E, Chierchia SL, Margonato A. Effect of oral L-arginine on blood pressure and symptoms and endothelial function in patients with systemic hypertension, positive exercise tests, and normal coronary arteries. Am J Cardiol. 2004 Apr 1;93(7):933-5.
(4) Cheng IS, Wang YW, Chen IF, Hsu GS, Hsueh CF, Chang CK. The Supplementation of Branched-Chain Amino Acids, Arginine, and Citrulline Improves Endurance Exercise Performance in Two Consecutive Days. J Sports Sci Med. 2016 Aug 5;15(3):509-515. eCollection 2016 Sep.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 3 capsules|
|Daily dose: 6 capsules|
|Servings per container: 60|
|L-Arginine AKG alpha-ketoglutarate-dihydrate||6000mg|