- 200mg of 5-HTP per tablet
- Extract from the Griffonia Simplicifolia plant
- 180 tablets
- Produced within the EU
What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP by Vitaminalia is a supplement that provides 200mg of 5-Hydroxytryptophan per tablet.
Properties of 5-HTP
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is the intermediate metabolite of the essential amino acid L-tryptophan (LT), in the biosynthesis of serotonin.
The intestinal absorption of 5-HTP does not require the presence of a transport molecule and it is not affected by the presence of other amino acids. Thus, it can be taken with food without reducing its efficacy.
5-HTP is properly absorbed from a oral dose, since a 70% will reach the bloodstream. It easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and it effectively increases the synthesis of serotonin in the central nervous system (CNS).
The levels of serotonin in the CNS are involved in the regulation of sleep, depression, anxiety, aggressiveness, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior and pain sensation.
The therapeutic administration of 5-HTP is effective for the treatment of a wide range of conditions, including depression, fibromyalgia, binge eating associated with obesity, chronic headaches and insomnia. (1)
Characteristics of 5-HTP
- Griffonia simplicifolia 5-HTP extract: has been made with natural 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) obtained from the Griffonia simplicifolia seeds.
- Produced in the European Union: The range of Vitaminalia products has been made in laboratories from the E.U. and they meet all the sanitary norms and have different quality certifications that ensure the origin and purity of the raw material, and the absence of contaminants.
- Straight from the manufacturer to your home: The products from Vitaminalia are only available at HSNstore.com, from where we send it to our customers without any intermediary. The absence of third parties reduces the cost and improves the quality/price rate significantly.
How to take 5-HTP?
It is advisable to take 1-2 tablets daily. One of the servings should be taken half an hour before going to sleep.
How can we combine 5-HTP?
5-HTP can be combined with multiple products according to the individual needs of each person.
It can be interesting to combine it with Valerian extract, Magnesium, L-Theanine, GABA, Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Passionflower, Linden or Lavender among other supplements.
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Those who want to add a 5-HTP supplement to complete their diet.
- Useful for people who feel nervous, stressed, with mood disorders, problems to fall asleep, etc.
1. Birdsall TC. '5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor'. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 180|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Griffonia Simplicifolia (5-HTP) Seeds||3000mg||++|
|from Griffonia Simplicifolia (5-HTP) seed 15:1 extract||200mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients:Tricalcium phosphate, 5-hydroxy-l-tryptophan (5-HTP) (15:1) (from Griffonia Simplicifolia seeds), stabilizers [E463 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) and E412 (guar gum)], anti-caking agents [E468 sodium cross-linked carboxymethylcellulose) and E470b (magnesium stereate)].
How to take 5-HTP 200mg - 180 tabs:Take 1 tablet daily.
Warnings:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.
It serves its purpose
When I use it I also drink a lavender infusion, and it helps me to relax after an stressful dayHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
John R., 23/03/2018
It is a nice investment since it lasts for half a year, and the concentration of product per tablet is higher than other brands, which obviously enhances its effectsHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
I combine it with Valerian extract and it helps to get a restful sleepHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics