- 100mg of Coenzyme Q10 per dose
- 120 vegetable capsules
- Product suitable for vegetarians
- 120 servings
- Product made within the E.U.
What is CoQ10?
CoQ10 by Vitaminalia is a supplement that provides 100mg of Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone, ubidecarenone and coenzyme Q.
This substance is fat-soluble, like the vitamins that we can naturally find in our body. In fact, it is present in most of the eukaryotic cells, mainly in the mitochondria.
CoQ10 is one of the elements of the electron transport chain and it is involved in aerobic cell breathing, generating energy in the form of ATP. Approximately a 95% of the energy from the human body is produced in this way.
Therefore, the organs that have the highest energy demands, such as the heart, liver and kidneys, have the highest CoQ10 concentrations.
Properties of Coenzyme Q10
Coenzyme and cardiovascular health
A review of scientific articles about Coenzyme Q10 published in NCBI suggests that 'A deficiency of CoQ10 can play a role in the development and worsening of heart failure, and that oral supplementation can possibly improve symptoms and survival in these patients'. (1)
'Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) plays a potential role in the prevention and treatment of heart failure through improved cellular bioenergetics. In addition, it has antioxidant, free radical scavenging, and vasodilatory effects that may be beneficial'. (2)
Coenzyme Q10 and its role in bioenergetic and antioxidant activity
Another review published in the NCBI states that 'CoQ10 has properties related to bioenergetic and antioxidant activity; thus, it is intimately involved in energy production and in the prevention of peroxidative damage to membrane phospholipids and of free radical-induced oxidation. These properties make it suitable as a dietary supplement to improve cellular bioenergetics and to inhibit certain age-related pathologies.' (3).
Features Coenzyme Q10
- Coenzyme Q10: Coenzyme Q10 is not considered a vitamin because the body has the ability to synthesize it. However, part of this coenzyme is broken down and it must be balanced through the diet. The amount of coenzyme Q10 that we obtain through diet is from 5 to 10mg and it is mainly provided by animal foods such as meats, turkey and fish. In some circumstances the ability to synthesize coenzyme Q10 is reduced or the requirements are increased, so it is advisable to take a Coenzyme Q10 supplement.
- Vegetable Capsules: This coenzyme Q10 supplement is free from ingredients of animal origin. For this reason it is suitable for those who follow a vegetarian/vegan diet.
- Produced in the European Union: The range of Vitaminalia products has been produced in laboratories from the E.U. that follow all the sanitary regulations and have a several quality certifications that ensure the origin of the raw material, their purity and the absence of contaminants.
- From the factory to your home: The absence of intermediaries grants the products from Vitaminalia with an unbeatable quality/price rate.
How to take Coenzyme Q10?
It is advisable to take 1 capsule a day.
How to combine CoQ10?
CoQ10 can be combined with a wide range of products according to the individual needs of each person.
It can be quite interesting to combine it with multivitamin products that contain vitamin C and essential Omega-3 fatty acids.
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- People looking for a Coenzyme Q10 supplement to complete their diet.
- Ideal for athletes and active people.
- Those who are interested in taking care of their cardiovascular system in general.
- It can be useful for those who want to take care of their health overall and help to fight against oxidative damage.
- Ideal for vegetarians.
1. Oleck S, Ventura HO. Coenzyme Q10 and Utility in Heart Failure: Just Another Supplement? Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2016 Aug;13(4):190-5. doi: 10.1007/s11897-016-0296-6.
2. Shimizu M, Miyazaki T, Takagi A, Sugita Y, Yatsu S, Murata A, Kato T, Suda S, Ouchi S, Aikawa T, Hiki M, Takahashi S, Hiki M, Hayashi H, Kasai T, Shimada K, Miyauchi K, Daida H1.Low circulating coenzyme Q10 during acute phase is associated with inflammation, malnutrition, and in-hospital mortality in patients admitted to the coronary care unit.Heart Vessels. 2017 Jun;32(6):668-673. doi: 10.1007/s00380-016-0923-x. Epub 2016 Dec 9.
3. Sarmiento A, Diaz-Castro J, Pulido-Moran M, Kajarabille N, Guisado R, Ochoa JJ. Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation and Exercise in Healthy Humans: A Systematic Review.Curr Drug Metab. 2016;17(4):345-58.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
Ingredients:Maltodextrin, coenzyme Q10, anti-caking agents E551 (silicon dioxide) and E470b (magnesium stearate).
How to take COQ10 100mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule daily.
Warnings:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Not recommended for children nor pregnant or lactating women.
I use it with vitamin C in order to counter oxidative damage to the cells, this is a very good combination if you are a high performance athlete like me.
HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Patrick M, 09/05/2018
I have some cardiovascular problems, and I like to combine this product with omega-3 fatty acids to regulate my cholesterol levels, it has been working so far.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
This product makes me feel energized throughout the whole day, very good price/amount valueHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics