MAGNESIUM CITRATE 200mg
Nutritional Facts MAGNESIUM CITRATE 200mg - 180 tabs
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information MAGNESIUM CITRATE 200mg - 180 tabs|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 2 tablets|
|Servings per container: 90|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Magnesium (Elemental) (from Magnesium Citrate)||32mg||8.5%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
|Ingredients: Magnesium citrate, bulking agent (E460i microcrystalline cellulose), anti-caking agents (E470b magnesium stearate, E551 silicon dioxide).|
- 32mg of elemental Magnesium per tablet.
- Take 2 tablets daily.
- Each tablet provides 8.2% of the RDA.
- Made in a certified laboratory from the E.U.
What is Magnesium Citrate?
Magnesium Citrate by Vitaminalia is a nutritional supplement of magnesium in tablets. Each tablet provides 30.86mg of Magnesium, 8.2% of the NRV.
It is important to point to the fact that 200mg of Magnesium Citrate provide 32mg of elemental Magnesium.
The Magnesium Citrate salt contains a 16% of elemental Magnesium. Many formulas by other brands that can be found in the market claim that a product that contains 200mg of Magnesium Citrate supplies 200mg of elemental Magnesium. This information is completely False.
What are the properties of Magnesium Citrate?
Magnesium is an essential mineral for the human body, since it is involved in several vital functions. Most of the magnesium can be found in the bone tissue.
Magnesium citrate is made up of magnesium and citric acid and its main characteristic and unique feature when compared to the rest of the magnesium formulas is its great bioavailability.
The main properties and benefits of Magnesium for the human organism are:
- Magnesium contributes to reducing the tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to electrolyte balance
- Helps with the energy-yielding metabolism
- Participates in the normal functioning of the nervous system
- Contributes to the muscle function
- Cooperates with a normal protein synthesis
- Collaborates with the psychological function
- Contributes to maintaining the bones
- Helps to maintain the teeth
- Magnesium plays a role in the cell division process
Magnesium is the forth most abundant mineral and second most important intracellular divalent cation, as well as being recognized as a cofactor in more than 300 metabolic reactions in the body.
A magnesium deficiency in our body can lead to a number of complications such as (1):
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
Magnesium is found in a multitude of foods that we can eat, such as unrefined grains, spinach, nuts, legumes, potatoes, etc. It is very common to be unable to follow a healthy diet due to our lifestyle. For this, it is advisable to use supplementation, which will give us the correct dose of this mineral that is so important for our health.
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Anyone who wants an extra supply of Magnesium.
- Athletes and active people.
1. Volpe SL. Magnesium in disease prevention and overall health. Adv Nutr. 2013 May 1;4(3):378S-83S. doi: 10.3945/an.112.003483.
Reduced muscle soreness
I mainly use it to reduce the muscle cramps and DOMS, and it works really well.
I get a restful and better sleep because it has helped me to feel less nervous and anxious during highly stressful periods.
My recoveries have improved since I started taking this product, and now I always manage to be ready for the next workout.