LEAN PROTEIN - 500g
- Milk, whey and pea protein
- With inulin, glucomannan and L-carnitine
- Includes green tea extract
- Available in chocolate flavor and vanilla flavor
What is Lean Protein?
Lean Protein by Weider is a food supplement powder made from protein, inulin, glucomannan, L-carnitine and green tea, with sweeteners.
You can use it to prepare a drink with semi-skimmed milk or water, and you can take it at any time of the day when you need a protein supply.
Main features of Lean Protein
Lean Protein is ideal to help you in those periods when you need a protein supply while staying fit.
Its formula includes protein from different sources of the best quality, improved with a series of selected ingredients to help every athlete to achieve their objectives.
Each shake will provide up to a 76% of protein from milk, whey and pea.
Taking protein is specially important in order to increase the muscle mass and performance when we also follow an adequate workout program. On the other hand, it can help to control the blood pressure. (1) (2)
In addition, Lean Protein includes other ingredients that will enhance the properties of the product:
- Inulin is a soluble dietary fiber that stimulates the weight loss processes by enhancing the feeling of satiety. (3)
- L-carnitine is a substance that our own body synthesizes in liver and kidney from amino acids like lysine and methionine. It has properties to burn body fat. (4)
- Green Tea regulates the blood glucose levels and, consequently, it increases the satiety after a meal. (5)
- Caffeine is a substance that increases the calorie expenditure apart from having a number of very interesting properties for the body, such as an energy supply, better physical performance and less fatigue. (6)
This extraordinary formula by Weider is completed with quinoa and an ingredient called ModcarbTM made from organic cereals.
In short, Lean Protein is an ideal mid-morning/afternoon shake or even after your training session.
Who can benefit from this product?
- Athletes and sportspeople
- Active people
1. Pasiakos SM, McLellan TM, Lieberman HR. The effects of protein supplements on muscle mass, strength, and aerobic and anaerobic power in healthy adults: a systematic review. Sports Med. 2015 Jan;45(1):111-31. doi: 10.1007/s40279-014-0242-2.
2. Teunissen-Beekman KF, Dopheide J, Geleijnse JM, Bakker SJ, Brink EJ, de Leeuw PW, van Baak MA. Protein supplementation lowers blood pressure in overweight adults: effect of dietary proteins on blood pressure (PROPRES), a randomized trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012 Apr;95(4):966-71. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.111.029116. Epub 2012 Feb 22.
3. Guess ND, Dornhorst A, Oliver N, Bell JD, Thomas EL, Frost GS. A randomized controlled trial: the effect of inulin on weight management and ectopic fat in subjects with prediabetes. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2015 Oct 24;12:36. doi: 10.1186/s12986-015-0033-2.
4. Pooyandjoo M, Nouhi M, Shab-Bidar S, Djafarian K, Olyaeemanesh A. The effect of (L-)carnitine on weight loss in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obes Rev. 2016 Oct;17(10):970-6. doi: 10.1111/obr.12436. Epub 2016 Jun 22.
5. Alison M. Hill Nutritional Physiology Research Centre and ATN Centre for Metabolic Fitness, University of South Australia (A.M.H., A.M.C., J.D.B., P.R.C.H.); Discipline of Physiology, School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide (A.M.H., P.R.C.H.), AUSTRALIA , BAppSc(Hons), Alison M. Coates , PhD, Jonathan D. Buckley , PhD, Robert Ross , PhD, Frank Thielecke , PhD & Peter R.C. Howe , PhD. Can EGCG Reduce Abdominal Fat in Obese Subjects?
6. Glade MJ. 'Caffeine-Not just a stimulant.' Nutrition. 2010 Oct;26(10):932-8. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2010.08.004.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (30g)|
|Servings per container: 16|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||1.1g|
|of which sugars||3.1g|
|Green Tea Extract||150mg|
|* Nutritional values per serving equal 30g of product in 250ml of water.|